Yes, women played a very important role in the CDM, and following points support it:-
- (i) Women participated in large numbers in the Civil Disobedience Movement.
- (ii) During the movement, thousands of women came out of their homes to listen to Gandhiji.
- (iii) They participated in protest marches, manufactured salt, and picked foreign cloth and liquor shops.
- (iv) Many were put to jail by the police.
- (v) Moved by Gandhiji’s call, they began to see service to the nation as a sacred duty of women.